What makes some people millionaires in a few years, while others struggle all their lives to make both ends meet? Have you ever stopped to think what makes the difference?
There are so many examples of committed young people who start from scratch and build empires that are valued in billions – in one or two decades.
How do they do it? More important, what stops you from doing it?
Here are the 10 things that pull you down from the heights you always wanted to climb:
1. No clear goal – look yourself in the mirror and imagine where you want to be after 10 years; after 5 years? Do you have any clarity about that image?
This is your first step towards success. One who has no goal cannot have a purpose in life. Without purpose, you cannot succeed.
It's like getting into your car and saying "I will drive today – but where, I do not know." You might reach a great destination – but that is one chance in a million. For the rest, you will just be driving, waiting for a destination to find you.
2. Fear of failure – you might have wanted so many times to just dump your job and start a business of your own. Theoretically, you are capable and you would be able to earn more from it - but you do not take the step!
Why? You fear failure. Ships are safest in the harbor – but they are not meant for that purpose. The same applies to you. If you want a great destination, you need to walk the path and face the possibility of failure. Failure is life's way of teaching you to move forward. Get ready to learn!
3. No action plan – asked about your dream, you will say, 'I want to be a millionaire by the end of the next year.' That's great! You have a vision; you have an aim.
Now break this dream into achievable bite-sized action plans. Adjust it to realty and bingo! You are on the pathway to success. Without a concrete action plan you will be lost in a jungle of uncertainties and indecisions.
4. Resisting change – never resist change; embrace it; welcome it; love it!
Change is progress. Stay in tune with the times and adopt to change as fast as you can. Those who are able to stay on the right side of change are those who succeed in life. Fear of change and resisting it are some of the most critical factors that cause failure.
5. Procrastination – when you tell yourself, 'I will do it tomorrow', that tomorrow never comes. Do it today - NOW! It's very important to be self-driven and disciplined about which way you want to go in your life. Life is so short; where is the time to postpone anything?
6. I can not' – these are the most harmful three words you will ever find in the life of the regular person. The successful one believes in himself or herself. For him or her it is always, 'I can'. There is no place for negativity.
Would we have air travel today if the Wright Brothers told themselves "We cannot do this" or "It cannot be done"? Belief in one's ability to achieve the impossible is one of the most significant factors in success.
7. Lack of passion – say, you want to become a millionaire in 5, 10 or 20 years. And you choose to do so by designing and building cars – but you hate everything about the industry.
Do you think you will achieve your goal? No - never!
You need rather to find something that makes you jump out of bed and rush to work. Find what you are passionate about, and use that as a vehicle to your success. Without passion, there can be no success!
Are you ready for success? It's waiting for you!