It is not necessary for the whole economy to be in doldrums to experience a recession. Sometimes, a recession happens only in your home for various reasons. At such times, you need to stretch each of your dollars to its maximum capacity. Either you find a out way to do that or go into debt, which is of course not an option to consider, even in jest.
It is good to know at such times that there are place you can go and shop for supplies at a fraction of the regular cost. Below are stores where quality on a budget is a valued keyword.
1. The Dollar Store – This is a superb shopping outlet. For one, it has a wide variety of products ranging from cleaning supplies to kitchen utility items to cosmetics to fancy household items to food; however, the best part is that most of these quality items cost only one dollar – hence the name of the store. Use your discretion in purchasing items and remember that just because the price is low does not mean that the quality is.
2. Walmart – If you want grocery items at a lower cost that your regular grocery stores, go to Walmart. This is a recession-friendly store where you can get stuff for the whole family at great savings. The additional benefit is that Walmart is a tremendous value when it comes to size and variety of a shopping mall. So, you get the best of both worlds. Walmart prides itself on providing quality for low prices. Walmart also has a price match guarantee against a competitors advertised price on the same item they have for sale. Just bring in the advertisement and they will meet or beat the competitors price. Walmart offers household items, grocery food, pet and cleaning supplies as well as clothing. You can also purchase car items and furniture. It is essentially a catch all for your family's needs.
3. Costco – This is basically a warehouse that sells things in bulk at a superb discount. You need to be a member to make use of their offers and the membership does involves a fee. However, the savings obtained would more than compensate you for the charges that the membership imposes. This is a place best used by people who need items in large amounts because Costco sells in bulk. Buying in bulk is best for items that are non- perishable or that are used frequently. It makes no sense to buy an item at a great price and have it expire before you are able to use it.
4. Plato’s Closet – This is a great place to pick up some high-fashion designer label clothing. This is used clothing, but very high quality and well maintained used clothing. For people who want to stay in the latest fashions without burning a hole through their pockets – this is a great place to know and shop at. To add to the savings, you will also find reasonably priced accessories to go with the clothing. It is a one- stop shop for all your clothing needs.
5. Sam’s Club – This is another excellent place that offers great savings on wholesale items bought in bulk. Whether you have a large family that requires big time stocking of food and other items or you are running a business and need stuff at the lowest possible cost per unit – this is the place to shop. Keep in mind that you get the most savings if and when you are buying in bulk at Sam’s club; so plan your shopping list and budget accordingly.
Whether you are having a temporary financial hardship or you are not yet earning to your full potential – this list will help you stay out of the red. However, keep in mind that financial hardship should not be the only time that shopping at these places becomes a staple of your habits; but also as a way to stay within the means of your monthly financial budget. Shopping at these places can help you save more money while still enjoying all the items that your family wants and needs. Of course, you need to know that this is not an all-inclusive list; there are many similar outlets out there that could help you save a bundle. You just have to do a bit of research and find them.